Just like last year’s edition, many workshops will allow the participants of Surfin’ Bitcoin 2022 to better understand the topics related to Bitcoin. To facilitate these workshops, the event will host 38 speakers in two rooms (Satoshi & Nakamoto), including many Bitcoin Core developers, Lightning Network developers, but also researchers, specialized in topics such as the connected environment or computer security. StackinSat, which organizes the conference, will devote the morning of Saturday, August 27, “Toward Better Bitcoin” to scientific research on Bitcoin and Lightning Network in collaboration with the University of Pau, UPPA.
Interactive and new workshops
Surfin’ Bitcoin is proud to welcome Gloria Zhao, recently appointed Bitcoin Core Maintainer, who will review a Pull Request on Bitcoin Core. Antoine Poinsot will lead two workshops, on miniscript and covenants, two major Bitcoin evolutions highly anticipated by the community, because they will allow the development of more advanced smart contracts than those currently proposed. Roy Sheinfeld will discuss the integration of the Lightning Network with the web, paving the way for many new uses of Bitcoin.
The majority of the workshops will deal with very technical topics, related to the Bitcoin protocol and the development tools that use it. Three other themes will also be discussed. The first will concern bitcoin mining, its consensus mechanism: proof of work (PoW) and its positive impact on the energy industry and the development of renewable energies. The second will concern privacy, the reasons why it is a crucial topic, what to be wary of and the tools to use to protect yourself. The last part will concern economics and finance, the speakers will discuss the Austrian school of economics in which bitcoin is part, taxation, wealth management and solutions to welcome bitcoin in your business.
What is “Towards Better Bitcoin”?
StackinSat is a member of the OpenCEMS Research Chair. In this context, especially under the leadership of Richard Chbeir, its director, the company is organizing the conference Towards Better Bitcoin. It will take place on the morning of Saturday, August 27, with the aim of forging a link between the academic world and bitcoiners from all walks of life. To this end, research papers will be presented and discussed, concerning very specific topics related to the Lightning Network and mining pools. Elie Chicha, for example, will present an unpublished article on PTLCS, which are an upcoming evolution of the Lightning Network, bringing more privacy, but introducing new limitations. This article describes a probabilistic approach to solving these newly introduced problems.
List of international speakers
- 1. Gloria Zhao: Bitcoin Core dev
- 2. Olga Ukolova : COO, Pandora Prime
- 3. Roy Sheinfeld: CEO, Breez
- 4. Fodé Diop: CEO, Bitcoin Developer Academy
- 5. Conor Okus : PM, Spiral
- 6. Jarol Rodriguez : Bitcoin Core dev
- 7. Nicolas Dorier : Creator, BTCPayServer
- 8. Benjamin Tyler Perrin : Creator, BTC Sessions
- 9. Jordi Herrera Joancomartí : Researcher
- 10. Stefano Secci : Researcher
- 11. Elie Chicha : Doctor in CS
- 12. Morgen Rochard : Financial planner
- 13. Jaran Mellerud : Analyst
List of French speakers
- 14. Théo Mogenet: CEO, Bitcoin Institute
- 15. David St-onge : Bitcoin educator
- 16. Nicolas Teterel : Author
- 17. Léo Maurice : Business developer
- 18. Jérôme Delaire : R&D Engineer
- 19. Andre Charles Legendre : CEO, Kalima
- 20. Anonymous Bitcoiner
- 21. Laurent Salat : Creator, OXT
- 22. Alexis Sellier : CEO, Radicle
- 23. Antoine Poinsot : CTO, Revault
- 24. Bastien Teinturier : VP Engineering, Acinq
- 25. Adrien Lacombe : Engineer, Ledger
- 26. Nicolas Consigny : Tech Specialist, Ledger
- 27. Rodrigo Carraresi: HO Dev. Relations, Ledger
- 28. Pierre Morizot : CEO, Waltio
- 29. Antoine Derrien : Founder, 1357
- 30. Jean-Christophe Busnel : PM, StackinSat
- 31. Clément Desmettre : Youtuber
- 32. Julien Wendling : HO R&D, StackinSat
- 33. Romain Lanusse-Crousse : Reg. Delegate, Delubac
- 34. Clara Zerbib : Lawyer, ORWL
- 35. Richard Chbeir : Mathematician & HO OpenCEMS
- 36. Mr TK : Youtuber
- 37. Stephane Petibon : CEO, Datafarm Energy
- 38. Axel Orgogozo : CTO, QuantsUnited
About the organizer: StackinSat
StackinSat invented the concept of the Bitcoin Savings Plan (“BSP”), a service that makes it very easy to buy bitcoins at regular intervals, weekly or monthly, from €10. The company aims to become the reference platform for all bitcoin-related services in the coming years (savings, payments, etc.) and will focus its R&D strategy on products and services related to the Lightning Network, a second-layer technology that makes Bitcoin more scalable, more ecological and facilitates micro-payments in bitcoin. StackinSat is organizing the Surfin’ Bitcoin conference, the largest Bitcoin conference in Europe, on August 25, 26 and 27, 2022.
Receive a digest of the news in the world of cryptocurrencies by subscribing to our new daily and weekly newsletter service so you don’t miss anything essential Cointribune!
The Cointribune editorial team unites its voices to express itself on topics specific to cryptocurrencies, investment, the metaverse and NFTs, while striving to best answer your questions.