Polkadot (DOT) is a constantly evolving ecosystem. Indeed, if the network welcomes more and more new projects, the solutions deployed there are constantly developing. Discover the highlights of this network’s news over the past week.
New from the side of Moonbeam (GLMR)
Moonbeam is one of Polkadot’s flagship projects. Over the past week, the protocol has revealed several particularly interesting news. First of all, Moonbeam is now compatible with Phala Network (PHA). This means that their respective native tokens, GLMR and PHA, can now flow freely between these two networks.
Then, we see that Moonbeam has recorded good performances in terms of adoption. Indeed, only one year after the deployment of Moonriver on Kusama and almost eight months after that of Moonbeam on Polkadot, the two networks already total 268 active dApps.
Finally, as part of the Connected Contracts hackathon organized by Moonbeam, the startup has put online a series of workshops to train in the creation of dApps.
Other relevant information
Over the past 7 days, the Polkadot blockchain has also been punctuated by other announcements. Among them :
- KuCoin collaborates with Bit Country and Metaverse Network to develop its own metaverse on Kusama and Polkadot. The purpose of the exchange is to create a community hub that can redefine its brand identity through the Web3.
- SafePal, in collaboration with Polkadot, has launched a competition to allow participants to win hards wallets SafePal S1.
- Compliance audits conducted by the Supplier Compliance Audit Network (SCAN) at more than 21,000 factories in 79 countries will soon generate more than one million digital assets on the parachain OriginTrail v6.
- Equilibrium has introduced its transition to the Closed Beta phase. The idea is to make all the evolutions of the network discover at full scale before the updated version of the platform is made public.
- The protocol of smart contracts Astar Network has reached the milestone of 5 million transactions. This with the contribution of more than 400,000 holders !
The information presented above is only a modest illustration of the developments in this ecosystem over the past week. It is clear that, at Polkadot, things are moving. Whether internally with the network development team, or externally with the sponsors, infrastructure providers and other stakeholders. Moreover, recently, the responsiveness of the developers of the Acala project (ACA) in the face of a flaw in the system has allowed us to see it again.
Receive a digest of the news in the world of cryptocurrencies by subscribing to our new daily and weekly newsletter service so you don’t miss anything essential Cointribune!
I came to blockchain out of curiosity and I stayed there out of passion. I was amazed by the possibilities it offers through its various use cases. With my pen, I hope to help democratize this technology and show how it can help make the world a better place.